Give $300 to Purchase a Student’s Books
You know firsthand that being equipped at Dallas Theological Seminary is a sacred commitment. Our incoming new students also know how worthwhile, and how crucial, it is to follow God’s clear call. They have raised the funds to begin their journey this year. Many will juggle marriage, parenting, leading ministries, serving in churches, and multiple jobs.
Many of our new students don’t have the extra money to pay for their first set of textbooks. Maybe that even happened to you!
We are asking you—as a DTS graduate—to equip and encourage a student by giving a one-time gift of $300. This is enough to pay for their “First Books”—all the textbooks for their first three required courses:
PM5101 Christian Life and Witness—3 Books
- Dwell: Life with God for the World by Barry Jones
- Desiring the Kingdom: Worship, Worldview, and Cultural Formation by James K.A. Smith
- The Reason for God: Belief in an Age of Skepticism by Timothy Keller
ST5101 Theological Method and Bibliology—4 Books
- Dispensationalism and the History of Redemption: A Developing and Diverse Tradition edited by D. Jeffrey Bingham and Glenn R. Kreider
- Exploring Christian Theology, Vol. 1: Revelation, Scripture, and the Triune God edited by Nathan D. Holsteen and Michael J. Svigel
- A Practical Primer on Theological Method: Table Manners for Discussing God, His Works, and His Ways by Glenn R. Kreider and Michael J. Svigel
- Practicing Christian Doctrine: An Introduction to Thinking and Living Theologically by Beth Felker Jones
BE5101 Bible Study Methods and Hermeneutics—4 Books
- Basic Bible Interpretation by Roy B. Zuck
- How to Read the Bible as Literature by Leland Ryken
- How to Read the Bible like a Seminary Professor by Mark Yarbrough
- The Story of Christianity, Vol. 1: The Early Church to the Dawn of the Reformation by Justo L. Gonzalez
As a DTS graduate, you know how important the required readings are to DTS courses—and to the student’s ministry impact beyond. If you would like to help an incoming student, please complete the form below:
Yes! I want to help a student buy their “First Books” at DTS!